Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Carthamus tinctorius|
|Common Name||: Safflower oil|
|Tamil Name||: Kusumbhu enney|
|Siddha Name||: Kusumbha|
|Hindi Name||: Kusum tel|
Cold-pressed safflower oil is one of the ancient types of oils which is rich in natural nutrients that is necessary for a healthy body. It is good for your heart, blood vessels, muscles, skin, hair, and immune system.
Safflower oil is an extraction from the seeds of safflower. It contains a high amount of Omega-6 compound, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, Vitamin E, K, and polysterols. This oil has a neutral flavor that makes it an ideal choice for many dishes.
Safflower oil is available in two different varieties:
High-linoleic – rich in polyunsaturated fats. It is good for unheated foods.
High-oleic – rich in monounsaturated fats. Good for cooking at high temperatures.
Cold Pressed Safflower Oil Benefits
- Safflower oil has abundant healthy fats that regulates your body functions.
- The unsaturated fatty acids help to lower the bad cholesterol in the blood and also improves the blood sugar level.
- This oil has the potential to reduce inflammations in blood vessels and thus prevents atherosclerosis.
- Safflower oil is the best solution for diabetes people. It improves the blood glucose level and insulin sensitivity.
- Taking 8 grams of safflower oil regularly can reduce abdominal fat. So people who need to reduce their weight can try this natural healthy oil.
- Moreover, safflower contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce inflammation in the body. It also helps to cure acne, pimples, blackheads and prevents infections.
- Applying safflower oil on the affected skin for about 5-6 times a day helps to get rid of itchy skin and rashes.
- Its wound healing properties heal the wound effectively and protect it from infection.
- It can also decrease the severity of PMS symptoms.
Cold-pressed safflower oil is a healthy addition to your diet when consumed in moderation. It is safe even for pregnant women but better consult your doctor before using it. If you’re allergic to this oil it may cause nasal congestion, eye irritation, sinus headaches, and difficulty in breathing.
Safflower oil offers these health benefits only when the process is done slowly and naturally. If it is overheated, then the beneficial compounds will get destroyed and form harmful free radicals. Moolihai.com assures you that safflower oil is completely unrefined and extracted by natural means.