Botanical Name : Ferula Asafoetida
English Name : Asafoetida / Devils Dung
Sanskrit Name : हिङ्गु / Hingu
Tamil Name : பெருங்காயம் / Perungayam
Malayalam Name : കായം / Kaayam
Hindi Name : हींग / Hing
Telugu Name : ఇంగువ / Inguva
Perungayum is obtained from the plant ferula. Perungayum plays a vital role in ancient times which acts as a support system in the kitchen. This spice not only gives an extra flavor but also aids in the digestion process. Asafoetida consists of resins, gum, volatile oil, and ash. The taste of Asafoetida is the bitter and pungent smell. Perungayam has various medical values. Asafoetida can be cooked with almost all the gas-producing food items to prevent gas problems.
Health Benefits of Asafoetida
- Decreases Digestive and gas problems: Asafetida inhibits the overgrowth of microbes in the digestive system and cures various issues. Gas trouble and abdominal pain cause irritations to babies. Asafoetida provides relieves for all aged peoples from stomach-related problems. It treats stomach problems such as abdominal pain, bowel ulcer, indigestion, flatulence, and intestinal worm. It increases the bile juice secretion which boosts up the digestion process.
- Treats Menstrual Problem: Perungayam acts as the best and effective home remedy which gives immediate relief from menstrual cramps, abdominal pain, menstrual bleeding, and irregular menstruation. It also treats white discharge in women.
- Decreasing Blood Glucose Levels: Lower insulin production in pancreatic cells may cause arthritis. Intaking Perungayam will reduce blood glucose levels by increasing insulin secretion.
- Treating Breathing-related Problem: Perungayam clean and reduce mucus present in the respiratory tract. Asafoetida is an effective ingredient that cures breathing problems like bronchitis, swine flu, asthma, dry cough, mucus, and cold.
- Treats Cancer: Inhibits the production of new cancer cells by adding Asafoetida in your daily diet.
- Improves heart health: Asafoetida prevents blood clotting in the arteries of the heart. It also lowers bad blood cholesterol and that will reduce blood pressure.
- Relief from an insect bite and inflammation: Applying asafoetida over the bitten area, gives great relief from the insect bite pain. It reduces toxic effects, pain, and inflammation.
- Treats Nervous Disorders: Asafoetida balances the function of the nervous system in humans. It treats memory loss and brain nerve damage.
- Best Skincare solution: Asafoetida is enriched with lots of nutrients and gives better nourishment to your skin. Perungayam is used in various skin care products. It treats skin infections like psoriasis and ringworm.
Tan-free Skin: Asafoetida kills bacteria found on the skin surface, removes dark spots, and makes your skin shiny.
Pimples: The antimicrobial properties of Perungayam is effective in the treatment of acne and scars.
- Cures dental problems: It gives immediate relief to toothaches, gums pain, and tooth cavity.
How to Use Perungayam
- Put a small amount of Perungayam in half a glass of water and drinking it will give quick relief from all stomach problems.
- Applying the powder of asafoetida and clove over an infected area treats toothache and gum pain.
- Mixing Perungayam with honey and ginger can treat respiratory problems such as asthma, cough, and chest mucus.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
There are no reviews yet.