Pambaram (பம்பரம்) is an Outdoor game being played in Tamilnadu, India for hundreds of years. Pambaram is called Spinning Tops in English. The tops and ropes are the items used in this game. The game gives a fun experience to the kids. This game is more commonly played by Boys. Now, this outdoor game is coming back with safer components and rules. To ensure safety we sell Pambaram with rounded anti-corrosive nails. With this feature, kids can handle and play the game easily. Pambaram is a spinning top that is played with a small rope.
There are two types of games as Wala and Kattukkutthu. It is possible to swing the Pamabaram into the circle. Drawing the two boundary lines into the palm of the hand is a wild punch. There are references about Pambaram in Tamil literatures such as Ramayana, Kandapuranam, and Prabhu Lingale. The non-rust and blunt-edged nails in the Pambaram show the highest safety for the kids. This game is suitable for kids over 5 years and adults.
How to Toss Pambaram (Spinning Tops)
Spinning Tops played with very simple rules. All the players have to go spin their Pambaram at the same time – this is the ‘toss ‘for the game.
At the count of 1, 2, 3, the ‘Goes’ process is started, all the players should wind their Pambaram with their ropes, and unwind it on the ground to rotate. Then the player has to pick his Pambaram with the rope as quickly as possible.
The player who uses rope of the shortest length and still makes the Pambaram swing on the ground allowing you to catch it back with the rope is where the skill relied on.
Conditions for Losing the Toss
- If the player unwinds the Pambaram on the ground and it failed to rotate on its nail –it is called ‘Mattai’, which means the player loses the toss.
- If you fail to catch the Pambaram through the rope then you lose the toss.
- The last person to finish the ‘Goes’ lose as well.
How to Play the Pambaram
- If the player losses the Toss, their Pambaram should keep inside the circle on the ground.
- Other players will have a ‘Go’ at the Spinning Tops that are inside the circle. The person whose Pambaram is kept inside the circle will try to freeze the other Pambaram when it swings inside the circle.
- If he succeeds in that try, other Spinning Tops will also be put inside the ring, while others hit the Pambaram’s, the one who comes out will join the attacking gang.
- The last Spinning Tops from the ring being pushed towards the other side ring be fellow players. Attacking Spinning Tops not hits the defender Spinning Tops.
- It has to replace the defender one and becomes the defender. The last one that reaches the other side ring ( approx 6 to 8 meters ) will follow the same rules as the previous one.
- The last Spinning Tops pushed out of the circle by the attacking team is considered defeated.
Small Size Pambaram – Package Specifications
|Model Name||Wooden Pambaram – Pack of 2 – Small Size|
|Dimensions||2.5 x 2 inches|
|Sales Package||2 No’s of Attractive wooden Pambaram, 1.5Mtr Cotton thread and Cloth pouch|
|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Number of Players||Team play|