No products in the cart.
Banyan Tree Seed Dried / Aalam Vithai (100 g )
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Tamil Name – ஆழம் விதை – Aalam Vithai
The banyan tree is a multi-branched evergreen tree, which is widely grown in tropical and sub-tropical Asian countries. The whole tree has the medicinal property so that it is used in the ayurvedic treatment to cure many health problems.
India's Largest Ayurvedic Store
We have 1000s of ayurvedic and siddha products for sale. We cater to over 100,000 customers every month.
Fast Shipping- [ALERT]- Covid-19 Delay
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days. *Due to Covid-`19, shipping may be delayed. We will get in touch with you if there is a delay in shipping. We ship around the world using India post, DHL, Fedex.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
Botanical Name : Ficus Benghalensis
English Name : Banyan Tree
Tamil Name : ஆழம் விதை / Aalam Vithai
Malayalam Name : ആലം വിട്ട / aalam vitta
Telugu Name : మర్రి చెట్టు సీడ్ / Marri chettu seed
Hindi Name : बरगद , बढ़ बीज / Bargad , Barh Beej
Kannada Name : Aalada mara, Alada mara
Marathi Name : Vada
Urdu Name : Bargad
Banyan is a large evergreen tree, that is classified under the family Moraceae and order Rosales. It grows up to 20-25 m in height. The branches of the tree are spreading up to 100 m or more with the pillar-like prop roots and accessory trunks. This tree has a massive trunk with a grey bark.
The leaves of this tree with stout and the length of the leaves are 1.5-2.5 cm. The tree has oval-round shape leaves that resemble the jack-fruit leaves. Like most of the fig-tree, the leaf bud is covered by two large scales. The flowering time of this tree is March-April, and the fruiting time is March-May. In India, this banyan tree is regarded as a sacred tree. Most of the temples are built on this tree.
Characteristics of Banyan Tree
- Plant Type : Evergreen Tree
- Life cycle : Woody
- Habit : Multi-trunked
- Height : 30 m
- Sunlight : Full sun to partial shade
- Stem color : Brown, copper
- Water Requirement : Average
- Leaf arrangement : Alternative
- Leaf color : Green
- Leaf Shape : Elliptical, Oblong, Ovate
- Leaf length : 3-6 inches
- Leaf width : 1-3 inches
- Flower color : Orange
- Fruit color : Green, Orange, Purple, Red
- The seeds of this tree are used to treat diabetes.
- It is also used to maintain body heat.
- The seed powder helps to reduce depression.
- It is also used to treat bacterial and fungal infections.
- These seeds are used to prevents flu, cold and other infections.
- It is one of the greatest remedies for vaginal infections.
- The seed powder is also helping to treat warts and hemorrhoids.
- The banyan seeds is a great factor for lowering the cholesterol level.
How to consume Aalam Vithai Internally:
Take 5 gms of Aalam vithai powder in 100 ml water and boil the water for some time. After the water getting warm filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for the Evening dosage after dinner.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.