In this fast world, most moms are trying to change their lifestyle into a healthy one. And the one start of a healthy lifestyle is oatmeal breakfast. Though oatmeal is recognized as a healthy breakfast, it is also good for external use, especially for the skin.
Oat is a versatile grain that boasts many skincare benefits. It exfoliates and cleanses your skin by absorbing dirt and oil. It is rich in antioxidants, avenanthramides, and anti-inflammatory compounds that solve your skin problems and protects it. Therefore, oatmeal is used as one of the major ingredients in many facial creams and lotions.
Suffering from acne? Struggling with itchy skin? Fighting with oily and dry skin? Psoriasis? Don’t worry. Here is a complete solution for all your skin problems. That’s an oatmeal face mask. It works on all skin types and in all climatic conditions. Your skin surface will also enjoy it. So without any confusion, you can add oatmeal to your daily routine.
You can also prepare an oatmeal face mask at home. Are you eagerly waiting to know about oatmeal face masks? Then, let’s get started.
What is an Oatmeal Face Mask?
Face masks are one of the common skincare practices that are often done by women. It moisturizes and detoxes your skin and helps you to look younger. Oatmeal is a perfect ingredient for a face mask. It helps you to relax and stimulates blood circulation.
Using face masks containing chemicals can damage your skin. DIY face masks are the best option to achieve flawless skin.
Benefits of Oatmeal face mask
An oatmeal mask is also similar to other facial masks that you use on your face and neck. But what’s new in it? The benefits that you gain from using oatmeal masks are numerous compared to other types of masks. Let’s have a look at its benefits;
1. Removes dead skin cells
Oatmeal cleans and exfoliates your skin on a regular basis and tones your face and neck.
2. Best for oily skin
Oatmeal is rich in saponins that absorb dirt and excess oil from the skin. So your skin will get a healthy glow.
3. Treats acne
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties that cure acne or sunburns.
4. Soothes itchy skin
It is gentle and soothes your irritated, itchy skin. It also solves all your skin problems. So you don’t have to worry about eczema or dermatitis.
How does Oatmeal Face Mask work?
Oatmeal masks contain amino acids that are absorbed by the skin. These amino acids repair the damaged skin, bolsters, and restores its original tone. Further, it acts as a natural humectant and keeps you hydrated.
If you wear an oatmeal face mask on your face for at least two days, then it will keep you away from atmospheric pollutants. If needed, you can use this mask every day.
DIY Oatmeal Face Mask
Oatmeal masks are very effective for all skin types. Making an oatmeal mask is very simple and can be done in many different ways. Just scroll down to go through 10 different DIY Oatmeal face masks.
1. Oatmeal Acne mask
Acne masks can be made in any type of oats. But make sure that the oats do not contain any flavoring or additives. You can also use plain oats or colloidal oatmeal for an acne mask. As oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory properties, it treats skin inflammation and redness.
Cook one bowl of oats in water and allow it to cool. Then apply it to the affected area and leave it dry for 15 minutes. Once dried, wash with cool water. It is an instant mask.
2. Milk and Oatmeal Face Mask
We all know that oatmeal has soothing properties, when combined with milk it offers even more benefit. Lactic acid present in milk exfoliates the dead skin cells and gives you bright, glowing skin.
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon of rolled oats and mix it with 2 tbsp of milk.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and mix it well, until the mixture becomes a fine paste.
- Apply it to your face and neck.
- Leave it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat your skin with a soft towel.
3. Coconut Oil and Oatmeal Face Mask
A coconut oil mask is best for acne-prone skin and dry skin. Its antifungal and antibacterial properties treat inflammation and restore the natural pH level of your skin. Medium-chain fatty acids present in coconut oil neutralize the harmful bacteria and leaves healthy glowing skin.
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and ¼ cup of warm water.
- Stir it well and then add 3 tbsps of finely ground oatmeal.
- Mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your neck and face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then gently massage your face in circular motion for the next 5 minutes.
- Then wash it off with normal water or lukewarm water.
- Once the mask is fully removed, splash your skin with cold water to tighten the pores.
4. Yogurt and Oatmeal Face Mask
Yogurt is ideal for oily skin. If you’ve oily skin, and finding difficulty in choosing the right skincare product, then this is for you. Oatmeal and yogurt face masks offer you everything you want.
- Mix ⅓ cup of oatmeal and ½ cup of boiling water in a bowl.
- Leave it to cool.
- Add 2 tbsps of honey, 2 tbsps of yogurt, and 1 egg white to that mixture.
- Stir it well to a fine paste.
- Now apply the paste all over your neck and face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with warm water.
5. Apple and Oatmeal Face Mask
This face mask is the best solution for sensitive skin. It is very effective not only for sensitive skin but also for all skin types. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and keeps your skin smooth.
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of applesauce.
- Microwave the mixture for a few seconds, so that honey will be dissolved completely.
- Then add 2 tbsp of oatmeal and mix it thoroughly.
- Leave the mixture to cool for a few minutes and then apply it all over your face.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- To tighten the pores, splash cool water on your face.
6. Oatmeal and Cocoa face mask
Dry Cocoa powder
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and coffee grounds in a bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp yogurt and 2 tbsp of dry cocoa powder.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a fine paste.
- Finally, add 1 tbsp of honey and stir it well.
- Now apply the paste evenly on your neck and face.
- Leave to sit for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Also, splash your face with cool water.
7. Oatmeal and Almond oil Face Mask
If you have dry skin, then this pack is for you. It brings back moisture into your tired, dry skin. Various ingredients in this mask hydrate your skin and make you look younger.
- Add ½ cup of oatmeal to 1 cup boiling water and then mix it.
- Leave it for two minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey with an egg.
- Stir well until it dissolves completely.
- Mash ½ banana and mix it along with that mixture.
- And finally, add 1 tablespoon of almond oil and then leave it to cool.
How to apply
- First, clean your face and neck with warm water to remove your makeup.
- Apply the prepared almond oil mask on your skin.
- Leave the mask to sit on your face for up to 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
8. Oatmeal and Vinegar Face Mask
Vinegar is the best ingredient in this face mask. Vinegar is a light acid that contains antiseptic properties which help to get rid of harmful bacteria from the skin. It also balances the pH level of your skin.
Apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of oatmeal with ¼ cup of hot water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix it well.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar to the mixture and leave it to cool.
- Apply the mask and gently massage your skin in circular motions.
- Leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- And finally, wash your skin with lukewarm water and then with cold water to tighten pores.
9. Cucumber and Oatmeal Face mask
Cucumber face masks are ideal for inflamed skin. It is boasted with exfoliating and soothing properties that treat inflammation and sensitive skin. The ingredients present in this mask remove the dead skin cells and keeps your skin healthy.
- Take some pieces of cucumber and make it puree.
- Combine 2 tbsp of oatmeal and yogurt in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chopped sage to that mixture and stir well.
- Now apply this facial mask on your neck and face with fingers or brush.
- Then leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- After that rinse it off with warm water.
10. Grapefruit and Oatmeal Face mask
We recommend a grapefruit face mask for glowing skin. The natural acids in grapefruit clear the pores and brighten your skin. It calms the inflammation and soothes your dry skin.
- Take ½ of red grapefruit and blend it well.
- Pour the juice into a bowl.
- Add ½ cup of cooked oatmeal to that juice. Make sure that the cooked oatmeal is cooled.
- Finally add ½ cup of milk and mix it well.
- Now apply this mask on your face and neck.
- Leave it for 15 minutes on the skin and then rinse it off.
- Pat your face with a soft towel.
Oatmeal face masks are the best remedy for all your skin problems. Oatmeal is very effective for your skin. All the above-mentioned face masks are recommended by our Ayurvedic practitioners. It was also tested by our members and has given positive results. So you can add any of the oatmeal face masks to your skincare routine.
Based on your skin type you can try out these facial packs. Generally, oatmeal is very healthy and offers many skin benefits. And when added with other ingredients, these face masks give double benefits to your skin.
Try out at least one face mask on a regular basis and enjoy its benefits!!