The soap nut tree is a member of the Sapindus genus and refers to the lychee family, Sapindaceae. Reetha is one of the great and always listed herbs in the record of herbs and minerals in Ayurveda. In India, it is used in jewelry making to resurrect the shed lighting of silver, gold, and many other ornaments. Soapnut is famous for its benefits on hair as it is good for the health of hair. Reetha powder is used as the primary ingredient in soaps and shampoos for cleaning hair. It includes “saponins” that are natural surfactants. Soap nut powder is a mild, affordable, and completely natural substitute for chemical detergents.
Vernacular Names of Soap Nut
|: Sapindus Mukorossi
|: Reetha / Soapnut
|: Boondi Kottai
|: साबुन अखरोट पाउडर / Ritha, Reetha /Aritha
|: ഉറുവഞ്ചി / Uruvanchi
|: సబ్బు గింజ పొడి / Kumkudukaya
Benefits of Soap Nut Powder
You can use Reetha Powder in many different ways to nourish your hair and skin. Here are a few methods to use reetha powder.
1. Soap Nut for Hair Health
- Remove the shell of Reetha
- Set 7-10 Reetha in a one-half liter of water
- Leave it for overnight
- Strained it in the morning
- Apply it to your scalp
- Wash head with fresh water
2. Soap Nut Hair pack
- Mix 3 tsp of Reetha powder with water
- Make a paste
- Add one lemon’s juice & 2 tsp of yogurt into that paste
- Mix them properly
- Put it on the scalp and hair
- Apply this paste to all your hair
3. Soap Nut for Facial Complexion
- Mix Reetha liquid and essential oil
- Blend it perfectly
- Use this as a face wash
4. It helps to prevent Dandruff.
5. As said before, it is used to clean jewelry.
6. Reetha powder has anti-venom properties naturally.
Note: Don’t have direct eye contact with Reetha powder. It has insecticidal qualities that can sting the eyes. If you notice rashes, irritation, or any other variety of complications on skin or hair, you have to stop using this mixture
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.