The evergreen NEEM tree (Azadirachta indica) is inherent in India and is also found in other southeast countries. As the neem tree has healing functionality, people love to call the neem “the village pharmacy.” It is also called ‘arista’ in Sanskrit, which means ‘perfect, complete, and imperishable.’The Sanskrit name for neem is ‘Nimba,’ which means ‘to give good health.’
Neem has been using in Ayurvedic medicine for more than 4,000 years due to its excellent medicinal properties. White and fragrant neem flowers with their off-white buds are good to eat and unbelievably therapeutic. The flowering period of the neem tree is generally between January and April. The neem flowers have a sweet, almost mystical jasmine-like scent at night time. They bloom once in the afternoon and then again in the evening. During the monsoon, you can see a bunch of flowers scattered right under the tree.
Dried neem flowers are also known as Vepampoo in Tamil. They are commonly used in South India to cook various dishes like rasam, vepampoo/neem flower rice, pachadi, dried neem flower soup, lentils, and more. Dried neem flower powder is very similar to curry leaf powder. Also, they are often dry roasted and sprinkled on top of the dishes to garnish as well. Due to the health benefits of neem, all parts of this tree are used in ayurvedic treatment.
Vernacular Names of Neem
|English Name||: Dried Neem Flower|
|Tamil Name||: வேப்பம்பூ – Veppampoo|
|Malayalam Name||: ആര്യവേപ്പ് പട്ട – Aryavepp Patta|
|Hindi Name||: नीम फूल – Neem phool|
|Telugu Name:||:వెపా పువ్వు – Vepā puvvu|
Why Moolihai’s Product?
We grow most of our produce on a small farm of our own with the aim of providing quality products to consumers. We guarantee that these plants and their products grown under the supervision of our staff will be of the highest quality.
Premium Grade Dried Neem Flower: We are sure that not only the products grown on our farm but also the other products we sell are of high quality. The acid produced by the specialist company is cut in half or small pieces on the day of harvest and dried in the sun.
100% Purity and Nature: Some companies use combinations for a brighter appearance and longer-lasting. But with the aim of providing quality, natural, and healthy products to the consumers, no zero is added to our neem flower. No chemicals are added to enhance the taste or color. All of our products are certified to be pure and unadulterated.
Health Benefits of Dried Neem Flower
- Each element of the neem tree, such as seeds, bark, and leaves, contain compounds with proven antiseptic, antiviral, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, and antifungal uses. Some of the essential benefits of various parts of the neem tree are:
- Neem leaf acts as a medicine for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems.
- Neem flower acts as an antiseptic that can cleanse your system and prevent skin impurities when applied to the skin.
- Dandruff and itch scalp can be treated with dried neem flowers.
- Neem flower oil and extracts are used in aromatherapy treatment.
- Dried neem flowers give you clearer and glowing complexion as it helps in blood detoxification and purifies the blood internally.
- Using neem flower can prepare a variety of cosmetics, including massage oils, creams, and astringents.
- Neem flowers are mainly used for improving digestive health and are used in Indian cooking.
- Dried neem flowers are also used to prepare neem flower rice, rasam, lentil spice mixes, Ugadi pachadi, etc.
Storage of Neem Flower
Dried neem flowers can be stored for a long time without losing their medicinal value.
Side Effects of Neem Flower
Consult your physicians or other healthcare professionals before using it. Because natural products are usually not safe and dosages can be much important. Excess consumption may cause serious side effects, including drowsiness, blood disorders, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, loss of consciousness, brain disorders, and death.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.