Oil essential for human development is extracted from the seeds of most of the world’s growing trees. Similarly, Pongamia pinnata is one of the oil-producing seed-bearing trees and is considered one of the nitrogen-fixing trees. In the early days, it was mostly used as an ornamental and shade tree. But considering the benefits derived from the seeds of this plant, they are now widely cultivated and used.
In addition, the oil extracted from their seeds is considered an alternative source for biodiesel. These trees are commonly called karanja, and pongam. As an important source of fuel for diesel engines, this oil is rapidly gaining popularity and being used by many in the current growing era.
Not only its seeds but also its flowers are widely used. The natural fertilizer made from these flowers is used for plants that need rich nutrients. In addition, dried flowers are used in much traditional medicine.
The juice and oil extracted from this Pongamia pinnata plant are used as an excellent disinfectant as it has insect repellent properties. Besides, the seeds produced by the Pungai tree have a lipid content of 25-35%. This rare property oil is used in the manufacture of soap and fragrant lamp oil. Besides, it has been used as a lubricant for thousands of years.
Benefits of Pungai Oil
- Since it is a relative of neem oil it is used instead of neem oil in soaps and lotions to avoid the pungent odor of neem.
- This oil is very beneficial for body and skincare
- Karanja / Pungan oil has a pleasant aroma, which will create a fresh and positive vibration.
- It promotes the healing of dandruff and itching and wounds on the scalp.
- Also, it is good for pets to remove itching conditions.
There are no side effects of using this product.
There are no reviews yet.