Botanical Name : Terminalia Arjuna
Tamil Name : மருதம்பட்டை
Hindi Name : टर्मिनलाइट अर्जुनन पार्क पाउडर / tarminalait arjunan paark paudar
Malayalam Name : ടെർമിനലൈറ്റ് അർജുനൻ പാർക്ക് പൊടി / ṭerminalaiṟṟ arjunan pārkk peāṭi
Telugu Name : టెర్మినలైట్ అర్జునన్ పార్క్ పౌడర్ / Ṭerminalaiṭ arjunan pārk pauḍar
Terminalia arjuna is a tree from genus Terminalia.
It is usually known as arjuna or arjun tree in English, thella maddi in Telugu, kumbuk in Sinhala, marudha maram in Tamil and neer maruthu in Malayalam.
Coscinium fenestratum is a sturdy wood climber which has shiny leaves and a brightly yellow sap.
It is dioecious, flowering and fruiting in August to October.
The fruits consist of one or two drupes up to 2 cm across. The plant has a generation span of 25 years.
1. Arjuna bark powder is abundant in saponnins, natural anti-oxidants gallic acid, ellagic acid, oligomeric proanthocyanidins, phytosterols, and minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, and copper.
2. Arjuna promotes the pumping action of the heart.
3. Arjuna improves cardiac muscle strength
4. It decreases in LDL cholesterol levels. Arjuna’s has cholesterol-regulating properties so it can able to suppress the blood’s absorption of lipids. Its principle constituents are §-sitosterol, ellagic acid and arjunic acid.
5. Arjuna bark is abundant in Co-enzyme Q-10 which prevents heart attacks.
There are no side effects with Arjuna bark powder, but consider medical advice for the usage during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.