Botanical Name : Boerhavia Diffusa
Tamil Name : மூக்கரட்டை / Mookarattai / Punarnava
English Name : Spreading Hogweed, Red Hogweed, horse purslane, pigweed, Red spiderling, Tarvine
Malayalam Name : റ്റാലുടമ , തവിലമ / Talutama, tavilama
Kannada Name : Sanadika
Sanskrit Name : Punarnava, Sophaghni
Hindi Name : गधा-कांड ,गदहपूरना, गदह बिन्दो / Gadha-cand, Gadahpurna, Gadah bindo
Telugu Name : అటకమామిడి, పునర్-నవ / Atakamamidi, punar-nava
Punarnava is a perennial herb with creeping stems, ranging from 0.75 m to 1 m. These plants can grow up to 4 m in the rainy season and dry in summer. The leaves are smooth and coarsely toothed. The leaves are 2.5-4 cm long and are fleshy and ventrally white with smooth hairs. It also has small purple flowers. It is usually a seedling plant, about 1 cm long, the seeds are round and the seeds resemble the shape of the seeds. The roots of the yellow-brown to brown are elongated and have a medicinal character. The flowers of this plant give fruit in the winter.
- It is used to treat inflammation, pain, and arthritis in the joints.
- It is used to treat all disorders of the kidney as the rejuvenation plant reduces the amount of urea in the body.
- Punarnava powder regulates male impotence and helps to increase erection, sperm quality, and ejaculation.
- Punarnava acts as a carminative and increases appetite and causes digestive problems. It also cures abdominal pain and constipation.
- It serves as a good remedy for respiratory problems such as persistent cough, dry cough, cold, and asthma.
- Because of its diuretic properties, it is used in the treatment of kidney stones, cystitis, and nephritis.
- Powder of the plant is used as a remedy for liver toxicity and also as a remedy for jaundice or hepatitis.
- Boerhavia Diffusa acts as a potent herb of ayurvedic products for treating the acute disease of menorrhagia.
- It boosts the body’s immune system and strengthens the body and helps keep the body healthy.
- Punarnava plant is suitable for treating skin ailments like rashes, rashes, eruptions, and is an excellent natural remedy for getting rid of guinea worms.
How to Consume
- Internally: Mix a few grams of powder in a cup of water, boil the content for a few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Externally: Apply the paste over the infected area.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.