Botanical Name: Raphanus sativus
English Name : Radish Seeds
Tamil Name : முள்ளங்கி விதைகள்/ Muḷḷaṅki vitaikaḷ
Hindi Name : मूली के बीज / moolee ke beej
Malayalam Name: മുള്ളങ്കി വിത്തുകൾ/ muḷḷaṅki vittukaḷ
Radish is scientifically known as Raphanus sativus which is a common ingredient in salads. It is an edible root vegetable from the Brassicaceae family. Radish is sweet and juicy.
Based on their color, size, and duration of cultivation radishes are classified into many types. The most common colors of radishes are white, black, purple, or red. Their shapes include long, round, or cylindrical. Radishes are cultivated for their seeds and for oil production. Radish seeds in a salad add a crunchy and spicy flavor.
As it has medicinal benefits some types of radishes are mainly cultivated for their seed pods. Radish seeds are germinated and are consumed just like other sprouts. The extract of radish seeds can also be used for various purposes.
- Best for Heart health: Radish seeds are rich in flavonoids that are used to minimize various factors affecting your cardiovascular system. Consumption of this seed regularly is very helpful in reducing the risk of heart attack problems.
- For Skin: The consumption of radish seeds adds nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin C, zinc, and phosphorus content to your body. It creates wonder to the skin and helps in reducing a lot of skin problems like dry skin, rashes, cracks, etc. It also helps in moisturizing the skin from inside and improves the overall skin health.
- For Digestive system: Radish seeds possess huge amounts of fiber content which can activate the overall digestive system. Regular intaking of radish seeds reduces digestive problems including constipation.
- Prevents Cancer: Radish seeds have contained the antioxidant, vitamin C and folic acid content which restrict the activity of free radicals and helps to prevent the growth of cancer cells. Radish seeds are great detoxifying agents. This will help to flush out the free radicals and harmful toxic materials from the body.
- Lowers Hypertension: Radish seeds are rich in potassium which helps in lowering blood pressure. Potassium helps to increase the blood vessels which in result accelerate the flow of blood in the body. So Doctors recommend radish seeds in our daily routine which will control high blood pressure.
There are no side effects of using this product. Seek medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.