Marapachi Bommai / Marapachi Dolls 6.5 inch
- Marapachi dolls are widely used in Kolu festival.
- It is eco-friendly and doesn’t make any allergies to your children.
- Made by the Non-chemical Natural Colors so that it is secure to use.
Free Shipping over $50 Worldwide
Our Delivery Partners :DHL, FedEx, Indiapost, Delhivery
Tamil Name : மரபாச்சி பொம்மை / Marapachi Bommai
English Name : Marapachi Dolls
Marapachi Dolls are also known as wooden dolls / Marapachi Bommai. These dolls are traditional dolls explicitly made of redwood (Sequoioideae), which are used to place as a shoe piece during the Golu festival in South India.
It plays a primary role in Dassara or Navaratri celebrations. These dolls made combined with a male and female doll during the Golu or “Bommai Kolu” festival.
Marapachi dolls are a traditional gift from mother to daughter when the daughter begins her Bommai Kolu arrangement. In South India, people used to gifted these marapachi dolls to new married couples for their children to play with it.
In the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu, the Marapachi dolls play an essential role in the Navaratri Golu part of the display.
As it is made up of an ebony tree, there is nothing to worry about holding the baby’s hand. The juice of the ebony tree is good for the baby’s stomach. Nowadays, beautiful, chemical-free insect toys are still available.
Marapachi Dolls Making Process
Marapachi dolls are made up of wood and clay. These dolls are made in the Non-chemical Natural Colors. The colors used on wooden toys are the only draws on it. When we use chemical mixture colors, the children lead to having a lot of physical harm when they take them and play with them. So nowadays marapachi dolls are made with the natural color insect.
To paint the toys naturally, we are using turmeric for yellow shade, red for saffron, pomegranate skin, blue and green for indigo.
Benefits of Marapachi Pommai
- In south India, people especially gifted this marapachi bommai to the newly married couples for their babies.
- It is made of natural wood and there is no toxic coated in this doll so that you no need to worry while your children keep it in their mouth.
- The marapachi doll made of the ebony tree so the ebony juice is healthy for children.
- Nowadays, there are a lot of beautiful and chemical-free toys, but this marapachi doll is one of the best choices.
- Moreover, no chemical added for colors, it uses turmeric, pomegranate skin, saffron for yellow, red, blue, and green colors.
Marapachi Dolls Package Specifications
|Model Name||Marapachi Bommai|
|Color||Dark coffee color|
|Product Size||7*3 inches|
|Quantity||pair of 2|
|Sales Package||Wooden Marapachi Bommai (pair)|
|Country of Manufacture||India|