Kal Chatti is a pure natural eco-friendly product. There is no chemical added while making this product, thus makes the food tastier. As of chemically inert, it does not change the ingredients flavor or its original aroma.
You can cook all types of food, such as curries, rasam, sambhar, chutney, etc.
This stone product is crafted by sculptors who are in a stone manufacturing company. No machines are involved in making this chatti, so the dimension of the product is approx.
- The heat was transferred evenly while cooking in stone chatti, making the food cook faster, and preserving the nutrient of the food.
- It retains the heat for a long time even we switched off the flame.
- Instead of keeping the food in the fridge, we can store it in Kal chatti for a long time to maintain the food fresher.
Steps to consider before using:
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder with castor oil or any other oil. Apply this paste into the entire surface of the pot at the top to bottom and keep it for 24 hrs.
- To make the utensil, need Rice gruel or Rice starch water or rice flour, which is mixed with water. It is called a mixture.
- On the second day, Warm the mixture and put it in a vessel till the top and keep it for 24 hours.
- On the third day, heat the same mixture in another utensil and put it in the Stoneware.
- The same procedure needs to be repeated for the next three days.
- On the seventh day, if rice-cooked kanji is spiled on the outside, it remains nonstick, thus indicating that your vessel is ready to go for daily usage.
- Once the process has been done, Stoneware’s will have a naturally nonstick surface so that you can cook without any oil.
Method of usage:
We can place the stone chatti in a regular gas stove. Keep the flame low once the chatti gets heat up, and let it remain in low flame till the end of cooking.
The regular washing method is enough for this stone chatti. Use any dishwasher or soap with a scrub to wash it.
Kal Chatti Small Package Specification
|Model Name||Small Kal Chatti|
|Dimensions (Diameter x Height)||Approx 4-5 x 3.5-5 inches|
|Tolerance in Volume||+/- 100 ml|
|Weight||1.5 – 2 kg|
|Sales Package||Handcrafted Stoneware|
|Name of the Stone||Maakkal/Soapstone|
|Country of Manufacture||India|
Kal Chatti is carved by a high-quality stone that ensures thick and even cooking. Kal Chatti is more healthy and natural when compared to modern utensils.