Tamil Name : கருப்பு திராட்சை வத்தல்
Hindi Name : सूखे काले करंट / sookhe kaale karant
Malayalam Name : ഉണങ്ങിയ കറുത്ത ഉണക്കമുന്തിരി / uṇaṅṅiya kaṟutta uṇakkamuntiri
Telugu Name : ఎండిన నల్ల ఎండుద్రాక్ష / Eṇḍina nalla eṇḍudrākṣa
Black currant is a woody shrub that belongs to the Grossulariaceae family. It is native to the northern parts of Europe and Asia. Black currant is well-known for its berries. It prefers damp fertile soil and can tolerate any hard climatic conditions. It produces glossy black color fruit that develops in bunches along the stem during summer.
Dried Black currant is a good source of nutrition, it is high in protein, cholesterol-free, and also has dietary fiber, copper, potassium, and manganese. It can be eaten raw or after cooking. They are usually used in making jellies, jams, syrups, sweet, and savory dishes which adds a rich flavor and taste to the food.
Now, these black currants are also used in the preparation of alcoholic beverages. Both fruit and foliage have been used in the preparation of dyes.
Dried Black Currant Nutrients Value (per 100 g)
- Calories – 63
- Fat – 0.22 g
- Sodium – 1.1 mg
- Carbohydrates – 15.5 g
- Fiber – 4.8 g
- Sugars – 8.25 g
- Protein – 1.6 g
- Vitamin C – 46 mg
Health Benefits of Dried Black Currant
- Dried black currants are well famed for preventing hair loss. It rectifies the split hair ends and keeps it healthy from its roots.
- Controlling high blood pressure helps to improve the functioning of your heart and prevent diseases.
- It resists the formation of cancer cells in various organs.
- Control your blood cholesterol level.
- It is rich in antioxidants that remove harmful free radicals and prevent premature aging.
- It strengthens your immune system and protects you from bacterial infections.
- Improves your memory power
- It helps to prevent anemia
- It also helps in enhancing organ function including the liver, pancreas, kidneys, and spleen.
Dried Black currant is very healthy and will not produce any side effects. It can be used by all age groups of people but it is not advised for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Seek medical advice if needed.
Harvesting & Manufacturing methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.