Common Name : American cranberry, Tsuru-kokemomo, Vaccinium, Arandano Americano, Grosse moosbeere.
Tamil Name : குருதிநெல்லி / Kurutinelli
English Name : Cranberry
Hindi Name : क्रैनबेरी / krainaberee
Malayalam Name : ക്രാൻബെറി / kranberi
Telugu Name : క్రాన్బెర్రీ / Kranberri
Dried cranberries are also referred to as craisins since the process involved here is similar to raisins. Dried cranberries are the famous ingredients in the trail mix, salads, oatmeal, and bread with cereals. It can also be eaten raw as raisins.
Dried cranberry contains the same amount of nutrients as fresh cranberries. It has no cholesterol, saturated or trans fats. Dried cranberries also come with chocolates.
The Canadian Food Guide has suggested that consuming 1/4 cup of dried cranberries daily can reduce the risk of deadly diseases such as cancer, stroke, and heart attack.
Minimally processed cranberries contain a high amount of antioxidants including phenolic acids, proanthocyanidins, flavonoids, and anthocyanin. Anthocyanin supplies the red pigment to the cranberries and so it appears red. These antioxidants provide numerous health benefits and can be eaten every day.
Nutrients Present in Dried Cranberries
- Calcium – 2%
- Vitamin C – 39%
- Iron – 3%
- Vitamin B-6 – 5%
- Magnesium – 4%
How to Use Dried Cranberries
You can intake this dry fruit directly or it can be used as an additive in various foods like salads, oatmeal, cookies, muffins, loaves, bread, and trail mix. It acts as a replacement for raisins or any other dried fruit.
- Dried Cranberries are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals that help to stop Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases.
- It has ursolic acid and that can helps you to support a healthy response to inflammation in your body.
- Dried cranberries are very helpful for those having type 2 diabetes. It also protects against Urinary tract infection.
- Regular consumption of cranberries helps to decrease high blood pressure and is good for your heart.
- It also prevents kidney stones.
- It works great in improving your digestive system.
- The antioxidants also relieve you from aging.
Some commercial dried cranberries may have added sugar and might be coated with vegetable oil in very small quantities. So before you grab your dried cranberries make sure whether it is fresh and sugar-free. Because adding sugar can reduce the nutrient density in cranberries.
Dried cranberries are very healthy and will not produce any side effects. It can be eaten by all age groups of people and is beneficial even for pregnant women.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.