Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Juglans regia|
|Common Names||: Walnut, Royal Nut|
|Tamil Name||: Akrottu|
|Kannada Name||: Akrotu|
|Hindi Name||: Akrot, Akhrot|
Walnut oil is extracted from whole walnuts by cold pressing method. Walnut is a type of nut that belongs to the family Juglandaceae. It is an edible seed from a single seeded stone fruit of a Walnut tree. Two species of walnuts are grown in different parts of the world; Black Walnut and English or Persian Walnut. Both are grown only for its seeds.
The oil from walnut has a nutty and delicate flavor with some beneficial compounds and nutrients. These compounds help to enhance your lifestyle and body.
Nutritional Value of Walnut oil
1tbsp of walnut oil contains the following;
- Calories -125g
- Saturated Fat -1g
- Monounsaturated Fat -3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat – 10g
- Omega -6 LA -8g
- Omega-3 LA -2g
- Trans Fat -0g
- Cholesterol – 0g
- Proteins -0g
- Carbohydrates -0g
- Total Sugars -0g
- Sodium -0g
- Dietary Fiber -0g
Health Benefits of Cold-Pressed Walnut Oil
- Walnut or walnut oil is very essential for your skin health. Fatty acids in the oil can fight against inflammation, heals your wound, and stimulates skin growth.
- Walnut oil possesses anti-inflammatory properties that can fight chronic inflammation which is linked to cancers and heart diseases.
- The antioxidants prevent cell damage by blocking the formation of free radicals.
- Without any confusion you can add walnut oil to your diet, it may improve the functions of your blood vessels and thus lowering your blood pressure. Therefore intaking it regularly in limited amounts can reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Not only for the heart it is also the best remedy for type 2 diabetes. The antioxidants help to fight oxidative stress and keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- Regular consumption of walnut or its oil can also lower your cholesterol levels.
- Some test tube studies have found that walnut oil contains anti cancer effects and can prevent the growth of cancer cells. It can effectively reduce the risk of breast and colorectal cancers.
How to use
You can use walnuts for salad dressings, just by drizzling them on the top. It is also great for smoothies and can be mixed with cottage cheese or yogurt. But it should be fried or sauteed at high temperatures over 320°F. And finally, walnuts should be stored in the refrigerator after opening.
Walnuts are grown organically by our farmers and it is hand-picked. Then the walnuts are shelled and cold-pressed to extract its natural oil. It is then packed into eco-friendly bottles for sale. We assure you that our moolihai products are purely natural and hygienic.