Thirugai/Ragi Kal – Big Size
Thirugai/Ragi Kal is a traditional stone grinder used around Tamil Nadu and other few Southern States India from a few decades ago. When grinding the grains using Thirugai, the nutrients are preserved and the fragrance of the smashed grains will fill the air.
Free Shipping over $50 Worldwide
Our Delivery Partners :DHL, FedEx, Indiapost, Delhivery
Thirugai is also called Ragi Kal. In old times it is used to grain millets, ragi, etc. Unlike electronic grinders, you will get the real flavors of spices.
If you use a machine to grain the ingredients, you lose the nutrients. But you can prevent the wastage of the nutrient by using this ragi Kal.
Use Thirugai for Grinding
Thirugai/Ragi Kal has been used in and around Tamil Nadu, India, from a few decades ago to grind the grains. As this stone grinder works great for Ragi, it has the name Ragi Kal.
Naturally, the grains are created with a layer that acts as a cover to the core. These grains have a layer that is formed on the sides of the outer peel of grains.
Recent biological studies say that these layers formed in the kind of grains have high nutrient values and possess health benefits.
When you use fully automatic machines to grind these grains, the nutritional layers of grains get removed or damaged. Using traditional thirugai or ragi kal puts moderate pressure on the grains, so the nutritional layers are protected.
Grains are used to make Gruel, Kanji, and Soups for kids and adults. So, when you use thirugai to grind grains to make these dishes, it makes sure you feed 100% nutritional food to your kids and family.
Structure of Thirugai/Ragi Kal – Big Size
- Thirugai is a hand-crafted stone grinder. The weight of the grinder is 17kg, and it has 10 inches in width and 5.5 inches in height.
- It has a round-shaped bottom attached with a handle. Rotate the grinder by using the handle.
- It delivers natural and organic oil.
- Grind grains using a stone grinder is very healthy.
- Since you grind something by your hand, that gives exercise to your hand.
- Moreover, it protects all the nutrients of grains from getting damaged.
- In the end, you will get creamy and smooth grinding.
Thirugai/Ragi Kal Package Specifications
|Model Name||Thirugai / Thirukal / Ragi Kal|
|Dimensions (L x B)||10 x 5.5 inches|
|Sales Package||Handcrafted Stoneware|
|Country of Manufacture||India|