Botanical Name: Bauhinia Purpurea
Family: Caesalpiniaceae (Gulmohar Family)
Species: B. purpurea
Common Name : Butterfly Tree, Pink Butterfly Tree, Purple Bauhinia, Purple Butterfly Tree
Tamil Name : நீலத்திருவத்தி Nilattiruvatti
English Name : Purple Orchid Tree
Hindi Name : बैंगनी ऑर्किड / Kaniar
Kannada Name : ಪರ್ಪಲ್ ಆರ್ಕಿಡ್ / Devakanchan
Bengali Name : Koiral
Purple Orchid Tree is an attractive tropical tree that blooms not only in season but all season. Classic Orchid flowers with the beautiful and attractive aroma of Bauhinia Purpurea make this tree very beautiful. The tree is native to India and is a favorite of many plant lovers.
Before the leaves fall in the fall, the Orchid tree is adorned with several attractive and fresh-smelling five-inch wide flowers. Its short purple-pink petals resemble an Orchid. The flowers bloom in clusters of trees from September to November. An interesting characteristic of these types of trees is that the colors of their flowers vary greatly according to each type.
That is, some Orchid trees have white flowers, while some Orchid trees have white flowers with only purple stripes. The purple Orchid tree is easily distinguished from other Orchid trees, and the petals of the purple Orchid tree are narrow and overlapping. On the other hand, the petals of Bauhinia Vericata are broad and overlapping. Next, the plant is about 12 inches long with thin brown flat seeds.
- In Ayurvedic medicine, this Purple Orchid is used not only for its fragrant properties but also for aphrodisiacs.
- The root can be powdered and turned into a kind of gel, which treats gastrointestinal problems.
- This root powder of Purple Orchid is an effective remedy for colds and diarrhea.
- Due to its nutritional qualities, it is an ideal food for all children.
- Purple Orchid infusions are used as an alternative to coffee in countries where it is not a tradition to drink coffee.
- Its seeds contain potassium and calcium minerals, so it is used to lower blood pressure.
- Because of its anti-dyslipidemic nature, it can control unwanted fat in the body.
- It also helps to normalize the single layer of cells that line the organs and cavities of the heart.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Plant Type: Tree
Life type: Semi-evergreen
Height: 12 to 20 ft
Difficulty level: Easy to grow
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
Soil: Well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Leaf color: Green
Leaves arrangement: Alternative
Flower Size: 12 inches
Flower Petals: 5 Petals
Flower color: Rose-purple tp rose crimson
Flowering time: November to April
Fruit Size: 30 cm
Seeds: 12 to 60 seeds per pod
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.