Botanical name: Handroanthus impetiginosus
Species: H. impetiginosus
The Pink trumpet tree grows in the medium-size deciduous tree with an open branching habit and rounded canopy shape.
It grows 30-50 ft tall and the width of the tree is 30-40 ft. The native of this pink trumpet tree is central and south America, and also you can found this tree from Mexico to Argentina.
Due to the climate of southern California, it is well adapted to that climate zone. The foliage of this tree is comprised of the dark green palmately divided leaves that have 5 leaflets.
Function: Specimen, Wildlife value, Parks and open space, Residential spaces, Flowering accent plant, Hummingbird plant, Civic spaces, Commercial spaces, Background plant
How to Growth:
- Plant the tabebuia seeds in the peat pots.
- Fill the pots with the potting soil and place the seed 1/2 inch deep into the soil.
- Place the pots in a sunny indoor location and keep the soil moist by spritzing it with the spray bottle.
- Once the leaves develop, transplant the seedling into the large pots
- When the seedling reaches the 18 inches in height then move it to the outdoors.
These pink trumpet trees are grown in the Inland Empire, it can be easily sustained with the normal winter rainfall and the regular amount of water in the summer. We recommended the deep watering in spring through fall seasons.
- This tree has astringent properties, so it is used to treat acne, peptic ulcers, and sore throat.
- The leaves of this tree are used to heal wounds and boils.
- This is a good herbal plant for high blood pressure and it improves blood circulation.
- The pink trumpet tree is a herbal remedy for toothaches.
- Due to the anti-inflammatory feature, this plant has effective in reducing inflammation.
- It is also used to treat skin diseases like herpes, eczema, and scabies.
- It helps to increase red blood cells, so it is good for anemia.
- It used to strengthen the body and eases back pain or body pain.
- It is also used to reduce joint pain, arthritis, and Rheumatism.
- It has the antiviral property so that it fights against the cough, cold, H1N1, and respiratory problems.
- This tree also has antibacterial and antifungal properties so it helps to cure fungal and bacterial infections.
- It helps to improve the overall health of the liver.
- It is effective for bladder infections.
- It is a cooling herb, so it also helps to reduce fever.
- This tree is a good immunity booster so that it is used to boost the immunity system.
Plant Type: Tree
Foliage Character: Winter deciduous
Habit: Upright, Open, Low-branching
Growth Rate: Moderate
Height: 30 ft. – 50 ft.
Width: 30 ft. – 40 ft.
Water Needs: Moderate 4
Foliage Color: Dark green
Flower Color: Pink, Magenta
Flower Season: Winter, Spring
Soil Adaptations: Loam, Clay
Exposure Adaptations: Heat, All day sun