Botanical Name – Curcuma aromatica
Common Name – Aromatic Turmeric, Yellow Zeodary
Hindi Name – Jangli haldi, Anbe haldi
Tamil Name – Kasturi Manjal
Telugu Name – Kasturi Pasupa, Adavipasupu
Malayalam Name – Kasturi Manjal, Kaatu Manjal
Kannada Name – Kasturi Arisina, Kadarasina
Konkani Name – Ran Halad
Marathi Name – Ran Halad
The plant is widespread in India and mainly established in Kerala and West Bengal. It has been used as in traditional aromatic medicinal cosmetic and is also an effective drug for therapeutic purpose.
It is used as external applications on skin diseases, sprain, bruise, in snake poison and also to enhance complexion as indigenous medicine. For the last few decades, research works discovered the pharmacological potential of wild Turmeric and its extracts.
Some of them include anti-inflammatory, wound healing, anti-melanogenic, antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity, anti-tumor, anti-cancer, anti-repellent, antitussive, antiplatelet activity and anti nephrotoxic activity.
- For Body ache
- Take a piece of Wild Turmeric and boil it with 1 cup Gingelly oil. Massage your whole body twice a day with this lukewarm oil.
- Kasturi Manjal is a good moisturizing agent that eliminates skin blemishes and provides bright and fairer skin. It lightens the skin tone and finely reduces the pigmentation under the eyes.
- For Spermatorrhea.
- A mixture of Wild Turmeric Powder with Honey can be consume once a day daily.
- Good for Wounds.
- Kasturi Manjal as an abundance of antibacterial properties which are effective in dealing with acne. If possible you can mix with honey and apply over the skin for removing acne scars.
- Sprinkle the powdered Wild Turmeric over the wounds twice a day.
- The anti-oxidant property keeps the skin fresh and protects from any kind of disorder. Just mix the Kasturi manjal with the honey or yogurt and use it as a scrub on the skin.
- The mixture of Kasturi Manjal and Lukewarm coconut oil stimulates hair growth.
- The growth of your facial hair can be minimized by using Kasturi Turmeric. Just prepare a fine paste of Kasturi manjal with warm coconut oil and scrub your face gently with it. Practicing it frequently will give you wonderful results.