Agar-agar powder is derived from jelly-like red algae. It is a combination of two components, namely polysaccharide agarose and a heterogeneous mixture of tiny molecules of agaropectin. Agar was discovered by Mino Tarozaemon accidentally, and it is available in other forms like flakes, strands, and bars.
Agar-agar powder is used as a replacement for gelatin powder and is a beneficial natural ingredient in the preparation of various dishes such as pudding, jellies, ice creams, candies, and cheesecakes. Agar-agar powder can be added to the dishes by dissolving it in water and boil it between the temperature of 90° C – 100° C.
Agar-Agar is known as a hydrophilic colloid made up of water-soluble and indigestible fiber. Agar-agar powder absorbs water, which makes your stomach feel full and thus decreases your food intake.
Nutritional Fact of Agar-agar powder (100g)
- Calories: 26
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Potassium: 226 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
- Dietary fiber: 0.5 g
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Calcium: 5%
- Iron: 10%
- Magnesium: 16%
Benefits of Agar-agar powder
- Agar-Agar powder has a low amount of calories, sugar, fat, and carbohydrates which make it the best food for weight loss plans. It reduces hunger and thus helps in weight loss.
- Agar-Agar powder’s fiber content helps in enhancing the health of the digestive system by absorbing toxic substances.
- The laxative property of Agar-Agar powder absorbs water present in the stomach area and forms bulk and helps in the excretion process.
- Agar-Agar increases bone density with the calcium and magnesium present in it.
- Agar-Agar powder has a sugar molecule galactose (brain sugar) that enhances brain development.
- It also treats anemia-related symptoms such as fatigue, irregular heartbeat, and shortness of breath.
- Agar-agar helps in regulating the blood glucose level. It also lowers bilirubin level, a high level of bilirubin indicates jaundice.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure natural herbal products.