Botanical Name : Withania Somnifera
English Name : Winter Cherry Root
Tamil Name : அமுக்கரா / அமுக்கரா கிழங்கு / Amukura / Amukkara Kizhangu
Hindi Name : असगंध / कनज़े /पुन्नीर/असगांठ / asgandh / Kanaje //punnir /asgantha
Malayalam Name : അമുക്കുര / അമുക്കറ കിഴങ്ങു / Amukura / Amukkara Kizhangu
Telugu Name : పనేరు / పెన్నేరు / వాజిగంధ / అశ్వగంధ / Paneru / Penneru / Vajigandha / Aswagandha
Ashwagandha is a stout shrub that can grow up to 5-6 feet, and it contains fruits. Ashwagandha is the most popular herbs that have lots of attention whole over the world, and it is also known as Indian Ginseng. The original name of Ashwagandha is Amukkara, but it is named as Ashwagandha because of its biological actions. Ashwa means horse and gandha mean smell. Its root has a smell like a horse, and it provides the strength of the horse. It is an amazing herb that brings the lost health and vigor back. Moreover, it has a major role in Ayurvedic and Unani medicines.
Purpose of Ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha is a herb that has many health benefits. It has the ability to fight against cancer and diabetics. It can also reduce arthritis, asthma, hypertension, stress, rheumatism, and inflammation.
- It boosts your antioxidants supply and properly regulates the immune system. It has antibacterial and anticonvulsant properties.
- Ashwagandha has to be a great significance in the Oriental medical school of thought especially in the medical system of India for many centuries.
- It is also used by the Native Americans and Africans to avoid several infections. In both traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, this Ashwagandha plant has described that it has medicinal properties.
- Ashwagandha is an effective medicinal herb that is widely used in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha especially has the ability to strengthen and calm the nervous system.
- With overtime, ashwagandha can treat emaciated tissues, and decrease the negative response to stress, and increase energy levels.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha (Amukkara)
- The Ashwagandha (Amukkara) is a natural antioxidant.
- It has the ability to reduce stress and tension.
- It promotes energy levels.
- The Amukkara contains many chemicals to enhance the production of acetylcholine, which is the main transmitter of neural signals. It also improves the abilities of your concentration, thinking, and memory.
- It refreshes your body, mind, and provides you a better sleep.
- It has the ability to reduce blood pressure and is highly effective in reducing the formation of stress-induced ulcers.
- The Ashwagandha powder stimulates the growth of already damaged neural cells and decreases the risk of age-related diseases.
- It increases hemoglobin and hair melanin.
- It stabilizes sugar in the blood and reduces cholesterol.
- Ashwagandha is anabolic in effect and best in weight gain.
- You can take it as a tonic that polishes your skin. It can be very useful in cases like weakness, low body weight, emaciation, deficient hemoglobin, anemia, post convalescent weakness, and it is proved with its good result.
- It can be used for muscle imbalance because it has the ability to strengthen the muscles.
How to Consume Ashwagandha (Amukkara)
Morning – Take five gms of Ashwagandha powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water getting warm, filter them, and drink before food. Repeat the same for the Evening after dinner.
Otherwise, take half a teaspoon of Amukkara powder with a glass of warm milk and drink it twice a day.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.